Polyaspartic Flooring coatings were introduced in the early 1990’s by one of the world’s leading chemical companies, Bayer Material Science. This new technology was first employed as a protective steel coating, offering corrosion prevention for bridges and other harsh environment applications. From a technical perspective, the term “polyaspartic” refers to an “aliphatic polyurea”. Today the general public is somewhat familiar with polyurea coatings, primarily from their uses in such applications as spray down truck bed liners and tank coatings. Eventually as polyaspartics became more prevalent, chemists and formulators naturally realized several key advantages, including the capability to modify the rate of reaction polyaspartic esters experienced once catalyzed with aliphatic polyisocyanites. This discovery marked a breakthrough and opened the door for several new protective coating applications and markets.
Polyaspartic Patented Technology: HP Spartacote
For several years, HP Spartacote has exclusively developed and manufactured polyaspartic flooring coatings under the license of United States Patents 6,833,424 and 7,169,876. These two patents directly reflect what many within the industry consider to be the optimal raw material mixing ratio or “index” for dual-component polyaspartic coatings. Specifically as it relates to resinous flooring, these patents have allowed HP Spartacote to offer polyaspartics that exhibit several unique advantages. Our protective coatings show superior levels of durability, flexibility, adhesion, corrosion resistance, and chemical resistance. Our moisture cure coating chemistry enables us to formulate products that are not only applicable regardless of the climate but also designed to dramatically reduce application times and costs. They perform far superior with respect to traditional epoxy and urethane coating technology and are easy to install.
HP Spartacote Advantages:
- Adequate working times provide contractors with ample opportunity to install with ease, greatly improving the consistency and finish of HP Spartacote seamless resinous flooring systems.
- Rapid Cure Properties. As a one-to-one mix, our products are designed to dry within 1-2 hours with and can be driven on within 24 hours.
- A highly refined and consistent film which does not exhibit the excessive bubbling or roller marks often associated with polyaspartic coatings
- Superb Durability. HP Spartacote does not incorporate excessive non-reactive additives into its coatings. Competing materials do this to help compensate for reduced pot life and to reduce costs, consequently diminishing product performance.
- Superior Resilience that Lasts. Following full chemical cure, HP Spartacote polyaspartics will resist film tightening over time. Film tightening is a common issue in the marketplace which can impair adhesion and increase the potential for coating failure.
- Color & Gloss Retention. 100% UV clear topcoats and UV stable pigmented coatings & stains provide for a rich and long lasting finish that will not fade, amber or peel.
- Superior Adhesion to Concrete & Steel. HP Spartacote’s® patented technology was designed to effectively absorb into the concrete or steel substrate in order to bond within the pores of the material. A fundamental component differentiating HP Spartacote® from other products, this technology allows for maximum adhesion surface area and is the cornerstone of our superior performance.
- Chemical Resistance.Resistant to a wide range of commercial and industrial chemicals. Full resistance to Skydrol and other highly corrosive fluids.
- All Climate Application. No limitations for minimum cure temperatures. HP Spartacote® can be applied in temperatures well below that of standard epoxies and urethanes.
- Traction. Our coatings and sealers can be used in higher traffic areas where traction is key. This is achieved in conjunction with a quartz or silica additive within the coating process.
HP Spartacote services commercial and industrial coating contractors, governments and developers throughout the world. We work closely with facility managers and architects to specify highly durable and sustainable coating solutions for a range of applications, offering expert consultation from design through completion. Several years of close coordination between our formulators and field applicators has helped to foster the creation of some of the most dynamic polyaspartic coatings available. These efforts continue today and ensure that every product installed has been proven time and time again in real-life applications. We are constantly innovating with the help of feedback from our customers. Our line of polyaspartic coatings is comprised of three key product families, all of which are available in a clear form as well as pigmented.
Our Polyaspartic Coatings:
- VOC compliant solvent based 72% solids polyaspartic coating
- Deep penetrating and suitable for interior or exterior use
- 25- 30 minute working time
- 92 % solids ultra-low odor/voc polyaspartic coating
- High chemical and abrasion resistance, suitable for interior or exterior use
- 15-20 minute working time
- Ultra-high solids, n0-VOC odor free polyaspartic coating
- Ideal for indoor institutional use
- 18-24 minute working time
- 11 Sep, 2013
- 0 Comments